Below is a list of positions that are available with Appili Therapeutics.
Business Development, Scientific Analyst (Contract)
Location: Halifax, NS or Toronto, ON
Based in Halifax, NS, Appili Therapeutics is an innovative biotechnology company focused on unmet needs in infectious disease. The company employs a balanced risk approach licensing late stage assets, while also developing novel, higher risk assets to address the rising concern surrounding the current lack of suitable therapeutics for drug-resistant infectious diseases, including bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. Appili offers a competitive compensation package, a dynamic work environment, and continued training and mentorship opportunities.
Reporting to the VP, Business Development, this role will interact with Drug Development and Business Development to review sources of information and identify promising new programs in infectious disease. The successful candidate will identify emerging science and technology, assess for commercial opportunity, prioritize and present findings. The successful candidate will play an important role in growing Appili’s drug development pipeline.
- Sourcing, review, and management of scientific, clinical, regulatory, commercial/sales, patent, financial and other data pertaining to the life science and healthcare industry;
- Summarize information and results via preparation of reports, presentations to identify promising new drug development programs that align with Appili’s corporate strategy;
- Prepare and develop presentations on findings for dissemination to internal teams and external advisors;
- Work in a team based environment;
- Support Drug Development and Business Development projects as needed.
- Advanced degree in life science or related field of study, preferably a MSc or PhD in microbiology, pharmacology, or toxicology;
- Demonstrated proficiency with literature searching;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Familiarty with the commercial biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry, work experience in healthcare, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry preferred;
- Strong ability to approach new areas of science, learn key concepts, and synthesize ideas;
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage work to deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to multi-task (multiple projects / issues) and adapt to dynamic work situations where priorities are subject to change at any time;
- Self-starter with ability to work collaboratively in a team based environment.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted and invited to interview by phone and/or in person. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in Appili Therapeutics!